Saturday, November 7, 2009

As Sean Mcglocks As My Witness...



So it's about 6 am and I decide to fire up four $5.50 9 mans. First one, flop the nut flush draw and turn the wheel draw. Four people in a 1000 chip pot. I fire out all in for 1,200. Of course one guy only in for 200 chips decides to call with 2nd pair and it holds. OK. That's poker. Nbd. Meanwhile, the poker gods thought it was a good time to screw with my brain and flop me the stone cold nuts with Q10; AJK rainbow. There is 5 people left and I am 3rd in chips with about 2,500. One fool (2nd in chips) cold shoves all in. He flips up KJ for two pair. Pure, right? Wrong. A nice J of doggie paws peels off on the riv to crush my dreams. 4 outer, GG. So I'm tilted for a minute and that was no time for tilt considering I had good chips in my other 2 tournaments. But as luck would have it, I turn a straight and it puts a possible flush out there. I made a weak tilt call and there is my bubble finish. Down to my last tourney. Blinds at 50/100, I am sitting decent with 5 people left and around 2,400 in chips. Suffered a bad beat then doubled up when I hit my open ended straight flush draw. Down to about 1,800 in chips, I shove with 8's out of the SB with only one limper out there. That limper thinks it is a good idea to call with A7 off suit. Apparently it was, considering he rivered his 3 outer ace. Down to 700, the very next hand I got 7's on the button. Called by 6's. No 6 on the flop. No 6 on the turn. Yea, cry me a river.

So it certainly wasn't the start I was looking for. A nice 0-4. Not a big deal though, I'm in the right frame of mind.

On the other hand, the night was quite adventurous. Reminiscent of the all night grinding with the ole buddy, YD. Strubes, Mcglocks, and I were grinding into the wee hours of the night/morning while Recktard stayed up as long as he could. A psycho female (that will remain anonymous for the time being) assisted in the night's entertainment.

TY to the bridge card for providing late night Red Bulls.

Account- $178.00

No comments:

Post a Comment